Don’t let that damage your company reputation, we have the answer. Just let us know what hours you would like your site to be “silent” and the hours you would like the siren to be activated. All siren equipped existing RadiusVision sites are already “smart”, with the siren activating ONLY when humans or moving vehicles are detected inside the fence. Just let us know if you need additional selective noise abatement and we will make it happen.
When you’re ready to shut down and move your system, first turn off the central station communicator (see Tech Talk #20 on how to do this) or you can remove the batteries from the head-end so the system will stop sending the daily timer test. Call, text or email me so I can suspend your central station account which will stop the monthly monitoring billing.
When you’re ready to redeploy the system at the new location, call, text or email me and I will reactivate your central station account and email you a blank Central Station Information form to fill out and send back to me so I can update the central station with the new site information, contact list and email addresses.
You may want to consider redeploying the system with fresh batteries if the existing batteries are over a year old. You can order batteries from us or source them yourself, but purchase only the SAFT brand.
Turning off the central station communicator is required when shutting down a system to suspend the monitoring billing.
Here are the steps:
- Wake up the keypad, then press the right arrow and go to Access Level 1.
- Press OK, then press the right arrow until it says Access Level: 4 then press OK and enter 9747 then OK.
- Press the right arrow key to go to Configuration and press OK to go to General Parameters.
- Left arrow to Central Station Configuration then press OK to go to Frontel Security Parameters then press OK to go to Frontel Security Enabled.
- Press OK again and the display will say Frontel Security: Enabled.
- Press the right arrow to change it to Frontel Security: Disabled, then press OK and it will say Frontel Security Disabled (the colon disappears).
- The central station communicator is now disabled.
- Press and hold (for 5 seconds) the ESC/NO key to go all the way back to the Date, Time, Disarmed window and you are done.
Follow the same steps to turn the central station communicator back on to Enabled.
Remember too that the effective range of the IR illumination in total darkness is about 35 feet and the maximum trigger distance of the PIR for a single human can be up to 50 feet if mounted looking parallel with the ground so it is possible under these conditions to trigger the camera but not be able to see the intruder!
A good rule of thumb on sites without artificial light is to mount the cameras with a slight (10 degree) downward tilt so the PIR will trigger within the effective IR illumination range, allowing our dispatchers to see the intruder in total darkness and dispatch the police to a video verified crime in progress.
If your site does have artificial lighting at night, you can mount your cameras parallel with the ground to achieve the maximum detection range.
Did you know if you have the older 2G/3G XTOiP630 panel it can be connected to broadband and AC power? Most site deployments are done 100% wireless and on battery power, however you can optionally connect your head-end control communicator to power and broadband (Internet service) to add a redundant (slightly faster) communication pathway to the central station and remote smartphone control of your site!
If having remote smartphone control of your system is desired, order the AC power conversion package (PP-4) which comes with a plug-in power converter and four Alkaline 1.5-volt batteries and then schedule two hours of paid technical telephone support time with me for the programming changes and website setup that are required to add this feature. You will also need to run two low voltage wires (Cat5e and 18-2 stranded) from the head-end control communicator to the nearest 120-volt AC power outlet (must be in a dry location) and to your nearest network switch or router.
Download the VA4All App from the app store and after we get everything programmed and installed you will have the ability to arm, disarm, and take snapshots from each camera via your Android or iPhone!
The new 4G LTE XTO640 panel does not have broadband capabilities and is not capable of being connected to the Internet. Remote access and control is not possible with the new panel.
If you ever want to arm your system with a camera turned off here is how to do it:
- With the system disarmed, press and hold the #2 key (labeled Bypass) until it says Badge Or Code then enter your 4-digit code and press OK or present your prox tag to the reader.
- The keypad will read 03:Cam 1 Not Bypassed.
- Use the arrow keys to locate the camera you want to bypass and then press OK to bypass that camera.
- If you want another camera bypassed press the arrow keys to locate the next camera.
- When done, press the ESC/NO key.
- At this point selected devices will be bypassed on the next arming.
- If the system is not armed in the next 24 hours the devices will return to Not Bypassed automatically.
- After arming, the keypad will read Arming Bypass Away.
- At the next disarm the bypass will automatically return to Not Bypassed.